We will be discussing the seemingly mundane, yet endlessly fascinating and challenging, world of corporate compliance.
Among other topics, we will address:
- Data Privacy
- Export Compliance
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML)
Whenever possible, we will focus on:
- Practical challenges faced by people working in compliance.
- Connections and patterns that may not seem obvious.
- Short-term and long-term trends.
- The interaction of law, technology, and people.
Whenever possible, we will avoid:
- Dry summaries and analyses of recent court cases.
- Anything that is likely to bring about law school flashbacks (this includes, inter alia, gratuitous use of latin phrases).
- Political commentary (it is probably safe to say that we all need a break from that).
- Industry speak (no disruption please).